Saturday, March 21, 2020

30 Days One Dress Size Challenge - Week Two

How Supportive Friends and Relatives Can be of Healthy Way of Eating?

My eating according to Deborah Murtagh's prescription was progressing nicely, including trying out some new recipes. Deborah is quite a cook - she has her own cooking courses on Teachable (check that out)! I am famous with my children only for my cooking and maybe a couple of my girlfriends back in Russia, so to cook Deborah's way I went on Amazon to get these two babies:

 
Oh, did I mention that downloadable materials for the 30 Day Challenge offer a handful of easy to do recipes? Who knows, maybe I like many women who are taking this challenge together with me will love to cook again - these recipes are so delicious and food looks just gorgeous.

 

  


Anyway, back to my own experience with support system, meaning family and friends. I went to visit my daughter and her family at the end of week one of the challenge - 6 hour drive from my place, which I do it every 4 weeks.

But this time it was very special - my granddaughter turned 2 years old on that Sunday, February 9. I was a little concerned as my daughter is married to a Pakistani man (dietary differences with my usual almost Russian way of eating, given I live in Atlanta area), and both of them being very tired as this is their first child, so there’s a pizza and breads in general in their diet in addition to visits to Indian restaurants.

So I took my own food with me, my food scale and Russian celebratory dishes from a local Russian store. Plus two Russian cakes. On Saturday dinner at my in laws for my son in law’s birthday went fine - not crazy reaction to me putting my plate on the scale.

Yesterday was another meal together- at my daughter’s house and in laws came too. No reaction to me refusing enchiladas but they did try to shame me into eating birthday cake -
‘you are not even going to eat cake for your granddaughter’s birthday?’ I said ‘that’s exactly why I brought the cakes, and it’s a real pleasure watching you enjoy my Russian food and cakes too’. I survived!!! No cakes 🎂, just program food!!!!


I started the challenge on February 1st at 206lb. It was the day after colonoscopy, in preparation for which all raw vegetables were removed from my diet on January 24th, with my weight being 208lb. Week one was up and down one pound and on February 10 my weight was 204.5lb.

Week 2 was 0.5lb going up and down and at 205lb day 15 morning. However I noticed that there’s considerably less if any white substance in inner corners of my eyes in the morning and through out the day, as well as my left ankle is less stiff (two surgeries in 2003 and 2004, scar tissue). No excessive gas either.

I was gladly celebrating those changes! The morning of day 16 the scale is at 202.5lb!!!! I hoped 'whoosh' effect was happening but I will take any reduction in my weight. I hope to be under 200lb on day 30, but I am not stopping there, as my long term weight goal 154lb. The women in 30 day challenge Facebook group celebrated great work our bodies are doing together with me and generously commented and liked my post!!!


* Disclaimer: If you click on any of the links in my post and go on a shopping spree, I will get commission. Just thought it would be fair if you knew. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment